WELCOME!

Welcome! Please look to the right to find your class, choir or "All-School Music Information."


Special Note: Family Masses are the 3rd Sunday of each month, except for June... 11/20. 12/18, 1/15, 2/19, 3/19, 4/16, 5/21, 6/4

Sunday, September 13, 2015

It's a New Year!

Hello!
We are a few weeks into our new school year, and it is going great!  Every Friday I plan to update this blog.  I will most likely write more than one post in that same day.  I will label them each with the appropriate grade level or levels so that you are able to click on a label to the right and read the information most relevant to you.  For example, I would usually label this post "All School Music Information."  This time I will attach all grade level and choir labels to it in order to start things flowing.

Notable events coming up:
                                             Our 1st FAMILY MASS-- Sunday, September 20th, 11:30
                                                                                       St. Sylvester Church
                                           *Every 3rd Sunday of the month, we encourage St. Sylvester           families to attend this mass, and I direct our school choir members down front.  It's a great opportunity to represent our school community!


Beginning Friday, September 18th, I will write posts about the music classes our PK-8th graders are experiencing.  In the meantime, know that I am at the school for full days on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  I am also there Mondays after 2:00pm.  If you leave me a voice mail or send an email, I will aim to respond at the end of the day, sometimes after I am done with after school activities.  The school phone number is 773-772-5222 and my extension 305.  My work email is efoxmusic@gmail.com.  Feel free to come down to the music room to visit!

Looking forward to a fantastic year!
-Ms. Fox

Additional Information...
CHOIRS: 
Older... 
5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th graders auditioned to be a part of our older choir.  They sang a short bit of The Star Spangled Banner and a brief section of a song of their choice.  Then they needed to show great effort and behavior in a mass performance the next morning.  We are currently 37 strong!  Each choir member has signed a choir contract and should be bringing a detailed letter home for families to read and sign, sending back the bottom portion.

Younger...
The 4th and 3rd graders showed me their best behavior and effort in a first meeting of those very interested in joining the younger choir.  We will add interested 2nd graders as of October 7th.  Because our school continues to grow and we have many students excited about singing, I have decided to split the younger choir into two groups that will alternate weeks.  This way all younger choir members can be part of the entire group all year long, but by having only 24-28 kids each week instead of 48-56, we will be better able to maintain a fun and comfortable environment in order to focus and learn how to make a choir work.  All choir members will end up signing a choir contract to show they understand expectations, and I will send a letter home to families to read and sign.  This should happen within the first week of your student's first official choir practice.  We meet on Wednesday afternoons.  The groups are "Blue" and "Orange."



No comments:

Post a Comment